Dr. Md. Yousuf Haroon Bhuiyan
Builder of Modern Hamdard Bangladesh
He was born in 1st March 1953 in a modest family in the district Luxmipur, Bangladesh. Hakim Md. Yousuf Haroon Bhuiyan, managing Director of Hamdard Bangladesh, made a break though in the history of Unani medical science in Bangladesh. With his colleagues he has succeded to get the official recognition of Eastern medicine in Bangladesh.
His utmost effort made it possible to reintroduced Unani medicine as the bridge between traditional medicine and modern medicine. At present, the practitioners of modern medicine traditional medicine Prescribes Hamdard medicine in their routine practice for the common and complicated ailments.
Hamdard Bangladesh has introduced time honoured presentation of Unani medicine like-capsule, tablet, syrup etc. To maintain the highest standards of manufacture Hamdard Bangladesh have set up laboratories with modern scientific equipment, run by qualified experts. From row materials to the finished product a check is maintained at each step of manufacture, In short, every effort is made to see that a medicine from its raw from to the time it is taken by a patient does not loose its useful properties or becomes substandard.
Hakim Md. Yousuf Haroon Bhuiyan takes personal interest in every stage and is ever vigilant about not permitting any substandard material to be used. Even administrative, financial and economic consideration are never allowed to come in the way of maintaining the highest standard. This is the reason why Hamdard medicines are so popular in the country and are used with such great trust.
He keeps himself busy with so many professional, social religious Organization, like :
- Founder, Hamdard Unani Medical Collage and Hospital, Bogra
- Founder, Ayesha Siddika Nurani Madrasha, Lakshmipur
- Founder, Ayesha (R.) Women's Kamil Madrasha, Lakshmipur
- Founder, Janakalyan Foundation, Lakshmipur
- Founder Advisor, Sewing Centre for Distressed Women, Laksmipur
- Founder Advisor, Ashraful Ulum Hafezia Madrasha, Lakshmipur
- President, Unani Medicine Manufacturer's Association, Bangladesh.
- President, Mutually Samity, Bangladesh.
- President, Sayedpur Girl's High School, Sayedpur.
- President, Aladapur Islamia Senior Madrasa, Lakshmipur
- Chairman, Orphanage Federation, Dhaka
- Vice-President, Jane-Alam Sarkar Law College, Dhaka
- Vice-President, Sir Salimullah Muslim Orphanage, Dhaka
- Managing Committee, Tibbia Habibia College, Dhaka
- Vice-Chairman, Hakim Habib-ur-Rahaman Foundation, Dhaka
- Secretary, Zonal Committee, Development of Hamdard Bangladesh, India & Pakistan
- Advisor, Bangladesh Homoepathic, Unani, Ayurvedic Federation
- Advisor, Uttar Jaypur Kalyan Samity, Jaypur
- Advisor, Chiottagong Unani Medical College, Chittagong
- Advisor, Chandpur Unani Medical College, Chandpur
- Advisor, Bhola Unani Medical College, Bhola
- Advisor, Mymensing Unani Medical College, Mymensing
- Advisor, Khulna Unani Medical College, Khulna
- Advisor, Noakhali Unani Medical College, Noakhali
- Advisor, Lakshmiipur Unani Medical College, Dhaka
- Member, Federation of Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industries
- Member, Nutrition Institute Member, IFIDCs
- Member, Managing Committee, Dattapara Degree Collage, Lakshmipur
- Member, Bangladesh Agroprocessors Association BAPA, Dhaka
- Former President, Bangladesh Unani Medical College Student Council
- Member, National Organising Committee, ASOMPS (Tenth Asian Symposium on Medicinal Plants, Spices and other natural products) held in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 18th-23rd November, 2000.
- Internationa Advisor, 3d International Seminar of ANRAP (Asian Network of Research on Antidiabetic Plants) held in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 15th-17th Novembe, 2000.
He was awarded :
- Ibne Sina Award 2002 from the World Association of Integrated Medicine
- Shilpacharia Zainul Abedin Gold Medal (1995)
- Adhunik (We Prevent Smoking) Award (1997)
- National Human Rights Journalist Organization Award (1997)
- NASYO Award (1997)
- Bangladesh National Literature Association Gold Medal (1993)
- Dhara Social and Cultural Organization Gold Medal (1995) as Unani Medicine Specialist etc.
- City Social Welfare Organization Award (1995)
- Al-Amin Journalist Foundation Award (2000)
- Social and Economical Development Centre Award
- National Social Journalist Society Award
He has visited Australia, Dubai, England, India, Iran, Jordan, Malaysia, Saudi Arab, Singapore, Thailand and many other countries to attend various health related seminars and symposiums.